Monday, March 29, 2010

Pretty Knits

My new crafty obsession is knitting. I really love it, even though I had a tough time getting the hang of it. But after a few weeks and many, many (soooo many) attempts, I have a new set of pretty spring accessories!



I used some super soft bamboo/wool mix yarn to make the bracelet and headband. The color is just lovely and totally reminded me of all the new leaves budding out on all our trees in the yard.

For anyone who knits, the patterns are very easy - like ridiculously easy. Both are done with your basic knit stitch on a US 8 needle.


To make the bracelet, cast on 4 stitches and knit/garter stitch, slipping the first as if to purl for nice edges, until it is long enough to fit around your wrist. Graft the two ends together and sew on a pretty button! Or if you are feeling extra creative, sew in some embroidery thread to make pretty decorations.



The headband is made exactly the same way, except you cast on 10 stitches instead of 4 and you make it the length of your head - not your wrist.. Graft ends together, and you are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment