Monday, July 26, 2010

Graphic Obsession - Tara McPherson

I am a lover of graphic art. I have dabbled in the genre a bit and have found that my artwork and drawing skills really come alive. It's like I have filters on my eyes and my hands draw my world in comic and graphic form.

I accidentally found artist, Tara Mcpherson, while looking at some embroidery patterns on Sublime Stitching.



Her art work is so amazing! I have absolutely fallen in love with the ethereal overtones contrasting against the sinister and dark drawings. Her style is a very modern take on classic comic book drawing with hints of manga influences thrown in. Something I absolutely swoon over!



Ms. McPherson has done what I have always secretly wanted to do; make amazing art and do it for a living!

2 comments:

  1. I love her! I have some prints signed by her. She is a total sweetheart. BTW, she's on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! The first picture is amazing! I would love to see some of your artwork, too. I really would love to be able to draw. Sadly, not my forte...at all!

    ReplyDelete