Monday, July 26, 2010

My First Love

One of my earliest memories, besides playing with my giant Optimus Prime transformer, is having a crayon in my hand pretty much all the time. It was like an extension of my hand or fingers. Even as I got older, when ever I was bored or feeling a bit twitchy, I would pick up a pencil or marker and start drawing. After struggling to find my niche - I could never really get the realistic groove going - in manga and comic style, I became even more attached to the art form. I spent several years learning to translate my love of drawing into the digital world and became quite awesome ;) with photoshop and using a pen tablet.

After writing my first Graphic Obsession post, I was asked to show some of my art, so here it is kids!



a character I was working on for a comic that never came to be






two separate characters for comics I would like to do sometime...maybe...


I have a lot more scattered around, but these are my favs and some of my best work. I can only hope to get better and maybe someday, I will be lucky enough to have someone ogle my work. And, yes, I like chics with guns. Dunno why...

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! The redhead is my fav - I love the pose and the shading :)

    Are you planning on a steampunk comic? I made some sketches for one, but never got around to getting a chapter done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cool!!! I am impressed and look forward to possibly seeing more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! That was such a fast response! These are beyond amazing!! Love them!! My favorite is the redhead, too! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Aj, yeah have a story floating around amongst the many other things in my head. I have a secret fascination for steampunk stuff. I also really like cyberpunk too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, good job! You and AJ are both so good, I wish I could draw like that!

    ReplyDelete